Monday, March 29, 2010

OOAK Loves Siân Lister

Photobucket

Photobucket


Hello there! Please introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you and your craft.

My name is Siân Lister; I'm 20 years old and am a nature and portrait photographer from Dorset. Photography has always been a passion of mine, and I am entirely self taught. Over time, I have developed my own style and am always looking for ways to keep my work fresh and interesting. I pride myself on having all of my work produced locally, by small businesses, and love the personal touch that these businesses give to my photographs. I have won a variety of competitions, and also hosted my first solo exhibition in September 2009, which was a big success!

Photobucket
Colours of Autumn


How did you get into crafting?

I have taken photographs throughout my life, although I first really started showing a proper interest when I was 16. I was given a digital camera for Christmas, and that was it!

Photobucket
All My Love


Who or what inspires you?

Anything and everything! Shapes, colours, sounds, sights...absolutely anything will inspire me, and it usually happens at random. I don't go anywhere without a camera, just incase! When it comes to photographers though; I love the work of Izima Kaoru, Steve McCurry, and Horst P. Horst!

Photobucket
Durdle Door


When you’re not creating, what do you do?

I do a lot of crochet in my spare time, and love working on amigurumi projects! I also spend a lot of time out and about with friends, going for walks and just chilling out watching films. And when I'm not crafting or relaxing, I work in a women's fashion retailer.

Photobucket
Paradise


Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

I would love for Siân Lister Photography to be somewhere in five years. It is a dream of mine to one day own my own studio, and make a living out of my passion.

Photobucket
Rebirth


Find out more about Siân Lister and her passion for photography on her website!

Fancy being interviewed? Drop us a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment